Elevate Platform Ltd (“Elevate”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Elevate may collect information to facilitate the connection of job seekers (“Candidates”) with potential employers (“Resource Seekers”). Information provided by Candidates constitutes “Personal Data” as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.elevatedirect.com (‘Site”), such as your contact information, CV and profile information. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site (to include but not limited to the timesheet function).
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, uploading the timesheet function, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses And Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our users or Resource Seekers (if applicable). This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How We Uses Your Personal Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide any information held by us to prospective Resource Seekers to enable them to process your interest in prospective employment vacancies. Such Resource Seekers shall have access to any Personal Data that you add to the Site and any updating process to enable them to take such decisions as to suitability and any resultant employment contract as may be necessary.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (if applicable).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any arrangement entered into between you and a Resource Seeker. If our obligation includes payroll services, you permit us to share your Personal Information with third party payroll providers (“Payroll Providers”).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone (If applicable).
If you are an existing contractor, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which we may provide.
If you are a new contractor, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data (if applicable), we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or preferred users (including, but not limited to payrolling services or Resource Seekers). By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Where transfer does occur outside the EEA we will ensure that:
- there has been a European Community finding of adequacy pursuant to Article 25(6) of the EC Data Protection Directive (“European Directive”) in respect of that country or territory; or
- the transfer is to the United States to an entity that conforms with the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield principles; or
- we put in place Model Contracts with the third party in accordance with the European Directive.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Elevate Platform is hosted on Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services are participants in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and (1) the European Union and (2) Switzerland, respectively. Amazon has certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and (1) the European Union and (2) Switzerland, respectively.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Elevate Platform Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To any prospective Resource Seeker as part of our offering to provide contract vacancy details and to Payroll Providers who will make payments to you pursuant to your contract with a Resource Seeker.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- See more at: http://elevatedirect.wpengine.com/policy
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable for us to supply information to you. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you then please make a subject access request to us in writing.